As an independent traveler, you understand the value in crafting the perfect custom travel itinerary, balancing time visiting destination highlights between wandering off the beaten path – leaving room for relaxing and a bit of serendipity.
You might also find yourself on a business trip and wanting to explore the local scene a bit more in between work commitments – whether that’s just in between meetings, or extending your trip a few more days.
Finding the time to make those arrangements can be next to impossible. But that’s where Off the Map Travels, your trusted travel partner, comes in. With our custom travel itinerary planning service, we have the knowledge and recommendations to help you find extraordinary experiences you will enjoy.
We loved working with Sara and are looking forward to a wonderful trip that she put together for us – on time and on budget. Definitely will use her again! – Chris & Mike, Destination: Puerto Rico
How does it work? It’s simple:
- First, to help us get started, one of our custom travel itinerary planning specialists will ask you to provide a few details on the trip you’d like support planning. We will call or email to confirm we understand your travel style and and any special requirements you may have.
- Then we will prepare a draft itinerary based on our initial suggestions. After reviewing the details with you, together we’ll work with you refine the agenda so it’s perfect, then we will book the trip.
- You travel and have a fantastic time!
We will include everything you need in your custom travel itinerary, including
- Choosing locations
- Booking hotels
- Reserving activities
- Creating custom daily itineraries
- Researching and providing directions on independent walking tours, neighborhoods, local favorites, etc.
- Special requests, like local babysitting, churches for Sunday service
- Public transportation information
- Restaurant & shopping suggestions
Most travel agencies will only work with a fixed set of travel partners that maximize their commission rate, but with our custom travel itineraries, we go out of our way to find the right experiences for you – whether that’s the family-run guest house that doesn’t even have a website, or a local guide who works independently and is impossible to find.
We charge a fixed fee for each custom travel itinerary we prepare. How much? That depends on how long your trip is and any special requests involved – after your initial contact, we’ll give you a firm quote before we move forward. That fixed fee cost includes all the research and preparation of your itinerary, as well as booking hotels/flights/tours. All you need to do is pack your bags and show up on time for your flight!
As avid travelers, we are passionate about giving you the same levels of support and hospitality that we hope you find on the road. You’ll never receive scripted responses or generic recommendations.
Come talk to us about your next vacation: